Your weekly funding news and deadlines update from GrantTracker.
The Arts & Older People Programme aims to strengthen the voice of older people and promote positive mental health and emotional wellbeing through the arts. In conjunction with the delivery partners the priority areas for this next round of funding are projects being delivered within care homes, carers and people living with dementia. The proposed projects should reflect the partnership approach with the care homes and have the support from them in the delivery.
The year 2023 will see Biffa Award celebrate its 25th year of funding vital community and biodiversity projects across the United Kingdom. In celebration of this landmark event, Biffa Award is inviting Expressions of Interest from charitable organisations for a one-off grant of up to £2.5million. They are looking for one exciting, innovative and regionally, nationally or internationally significant project that will leave a lasting legacy for the next 25 years through one or both of the following themes.
Aimed at conserving heritage assets, tackling social isolation, poverty, and increasing knowledge and public awareness, several schemes are now open for applications, Communities Minister Deirdre Hargey has confirmed.
- Historic Environment Fund District Council Heritage Development Support Stream - This is a fund of up to £10k per council to help them carry out heritage development activity. This can be wide ranging and follows a successful pilot last year where talks, walks, heritage trails, maintenance work and signage associated with buildings and monuments were all supported.
- Historic Environment Fund - Roof Repair Stream - The Historic Environment Fund Roof and Window Repair Stream is currently open to most types of listed building. Applications must be received by 20 June 2022. Up to £6,000 per roof (£12,000 for thatched buildings) is available help owners to keep listed buildings watertight.
- Village Catalyst - The Village Catalyst is a partnership of Department for Communities (DfC) with Department of Agriculture Environment and Rural Affairs (Daera), The Housing Executive and the Architectural Heritage Fund (AHF) focused on enabling village communities to develop new uses for historic buildings at risk that tackle social isolation and rural poverty.
- Village Catalyst Project Viability Grants - up to £10,000
- Village Catalyst Project Development Grants - up to £20,000
- Available to charities and social enterprises seeking to find uses for historic buildings which are either listed, or in conservation areas, in villages with a population of under 5,000.
- The proposed uses need to address DAERA's Targeting Rural Poverty and Social Isolation (TRPSI) Framework objectives.
- Also available in Northern Ireland from AHF is Heritage Transformed programme offering:
- Project Viability Grants - up to £10,000
- Project Development Grants - up to £20,000
- These are available across NI to charities and social enterprises seeking to find uses for historic buildings. There is a restricted budget.
Win a Security Kit for Your Community Worth £150 to £200* All regional community leaders and volunteers could be in line to win a security kit for your organisation as part of Burg-Wächter's 'Secure Communities Scheme'. Any regional initiative that is run by or supports the local community can apply. The Secure Communities Scheme is an on-going initiative, and they aim to award two deserving community projects/initiatives with a security kit every quarter. *Reward value based on recommended retail price inc. VAT.
The UK Government recently announced the second round of the Levelling Up Fund, which focuses on capital investment in local infrastructure and published a refreshed prospectus, inviting bids from all eligible organisations from Northern Ireland and across the UK.
Opens to applications 31 May 2022.
The National Lottery Awards celebrate the people and projects who do extraordinary things with the help of National Lottery funding. They want to hear about those people who have stood up against adversity and stood out for their caring commitment to their causes. Their judging panel, made up of members of The National Lottery family and partners, will decide the winners of the individual categories. All winners will receive a National Lottery Awards trophy and a £5,000 cash prize for their project.
Deadline midnight 1 June 2022.
The Young Women’s Mental Health programme to help improve the mental health of women aged 16-25 in the UK. They’ve committed £5 million in funding over five years (2021-2026). In 2022, your work or project must take place in Northern Ireland or the North East or North West of England to be eligible. There is a two-stage application process. Stage 1: Book a telephone conversation with their Grants Manager to talk through your proposal and answer any questions you might.
Stage 1 opens on 1 June and closes on 29 July.
The We Move Youth Social Action Fund is a £1m scheme aiming to empower Black children and young people through Youth Social Action. They define youth social action as when children and young people use their voice to tackle subjects that matter to them. Up to £15,000 for unregistered organisations and up to £50,000 for registered bodies
Deadline to register 10 June 2022; deadline to submit applications is 20 June 2022 at 11.59am.
Articles and Resources
Our goal is to help the voluntary and community sector to innovate, develop and improve to meet the needs of the communities it serves. To do this, NICVA works with a diverse range of organisations to provide information, guidance, and resources. Click link to view a few of the recent Guest Blogs from local, regional and national organisations including Friends of the Earth, Fundraising Regulator, Chartered Institute of Fundraising, and many more.
Other articles & resources
Upcoming Fundraising Training
Develop your fundraising skills and support your organisations long-term stability with our training:
22 June 2022 - 10:30am to 12:30pm
This two-hour webinar will help you evaluate your current funding position and plan for the future. Using a range of planning tools, we’ll explore the key components of a fundraising strategy and the steps needed to create one.
Get ahead with GrantTracker and access over 1000 funding schemes in NI's leading database. Just £100 a year for NICVA members and £145 for non-members here.