Proteus Small Grants
Organisations interested in developing and delivering projects will enhance the ability of third sector organisations in Northern Ireland to address identified needs in and off society and of disadvantaged people within it.
Indicative themes Proteus hope to support are:
1. Awareness - raising educational programmes to include
- Diversity and Ethnicity
- Suicide prevention
- Health in the community
- Mechanisms for coping with life changing events (including addictions)
2. Active Citizenship
3. Legacy archive - projects funded by Proteus under Peace II and Peace II Extension can apply for small amounts of funding to help with updating products and tools developed using Peace funding.
4. Any other innovative proposals which address a social or community need, consistent with their overall aims and objections.
How to apply
Proteus welcomes applications from all sections of the community in disadvantaged areas both urban and rural in Northern Ireland. Only not for profit organisations can apply and preference will be given to those with an annual turnover under £500,000. Statutory bodies including schools, colleges and universities, private organisations and individuals are not eligible.
Proteus' website is currently not operational so applicants are advised to make contact by email or telephone.
The closing date for applications is Friday 15 May 2009 at 12.00pm.
For further details please contact :
Proteus NI Ltd
Unit 27, North City Business Centre
2 Duncairn Gardens
t: 028 9037 1023
Elsewhere in the news
- 5 More Areas at Risk Funded
- Craigavon Opens its Grants Programme
- How Much will New Councils Fund Community Development?
- Belfast Community Development And Playscheme Grants
- Laganside Events Grants
- Call for Integrating Communities
- Maximising Community Space Crossing Borders Programme Re-opens
- Armagh and Dungannon Health & Social Care Small Grants
- £100 voucher towards rural transport costs
- Library Boards youth service funding