OFCOM Community Radio Fund
The OFCOM Community Radio Fund has been established to help fund the core costs of running a community radio station.
Applications are accepted from any community radio broadcaster that is already broadcasting under a community radio license by the time the applications are considered.
Core costs can cover items such as:
- fundraising to support the station (e.g. grants, commercial funding)
- financial management & reporting
- community outreach
- volunteer organisation and support
Priority is given to stations that have not received a grant in the past.
The Panel considers promoting long-term sustainability a critical, core activity, and will take special note of innovative proposals that have this aim, such as those focussing on business development and fund-raising. The Panel also believes there is scope for more collaborative working or joint applications from stations.
- Grants can only be made to community radio licensees (“Licensee”) which are broadcasting under a community radio licence (and not an RSL, for example)
- Joint applications may be submitted by two or more Licensees, for example to co-fund a shared post.
- A grant from the Fund should not breach the statutory requirement that no more than 50% of a station’s annual income comes from one source. Licensees should check their funding position in relation to this legislative requirement.
- Licensees that receive a grant will be required to report back to the Panel about how the grant has been spent
How to apply
Applicants should take note of prior award levels when submitting bids so that the bids are realistic and ensure applications are very clear as there has previously been a problem with clarity which is a real problem since competition is high. Download the application form from Ofcom’s website. If there are any problems please contact Ofcom directly. Applicants can apply by email or post. For more details please visit the Ofcom website.
The deadline for applications is 2 December 2008.
For more details please contact:
Ofcom Community Radio Team
Radio Licensing Team (5th Floor)
2A Southwork Bridge Road
England SE1 9HA
t: 020 7981 3860
Elsewhere in the news
- Sky Arts - Ignition Programme
- BBC Young People's Musical Theatre
- Arts Council Project Funding Deadline
- Creative industries sector application call (INTERREG IVA)
- UK - India Connections Through Culture
- Three Arts Council Schemes open for applications.
- European Culture Programme to be represented at Grant Tracker Funders' Fair
- Committee for Culture Arts and Leisure report on Arts funding
- Wellcome Big Ideas - Large Arts Grants
- Baring Arts and Older People