Library Boards youth service funding
The five Local Education and Library Boards have announced a deadline for registration and grant aid assistance for the forthcoming financial year.
All Local Voluntary Youth Service Units wishing to be considered for Registration and Grant Aid assistance for the financial year April 2010 to March 2011 are invited to make applications to the respective Education and Library Board Youth Section, on or before Friday 26 February 2010.
Each Education and Library Board is mandated to secure the provision, in its area, of adequate facilities and programmes for young people in the 4 - 25 age range.
In order to be registered a youth unit must:
- Have an appropriate constitution;
- Have an appropriate Child Protection Policy, with clear procedures meeting the minimum requirements of ELBs/ESA;
- Have appropriate insurance cover;
- Have appropriate financial arrangements;
- Provide assurances of the availability of appropriate leadership and a safe environment for children and young people;
- Deliver a programme reflecting the general themes and core values of youth work, in accordance with the "Youth Work: A model for Effective Practice" (DE 2003)
Youth Service priorities include affirmative action to provide opportunities for marginalised young people, particularly those from areas of social need, and groups under represented in current provision.
Copies of the Registration and Grant-Aid Criteria for Local Voluntary Youth Groups can be downloaded from the website addresses below or obtained by contacting:
Elsewhere in the news
- BBC Young People's Musical Theatre
- EU Daphne III (Combatting Violence) programme open
- BBC Children In Need Awardees
- Linking generations in Northern Ireland small grants
- Armagh and Dungannon Health & Social Care Small Grants
- BT Seen and Heard Awards 2009
- Cash for Kids Launches
- Belfast Community Development And Playscheme Grants
- Children in Need Coming to a Town Near You
- Youth Council Deadline Imminent